Thursday, March 25, 2010

Johnnie Walker Gold (The Centenary Blend)

BLEND_JOH16.jpgCountry: Scotland
Region : Multiple
Distillery: Multiple
Type : Blended
ABV : 40%
Age : 18 years

I'm lucky enough to work in a liquor store and get plenty of chances to try great products at even better prices. Just the other day my rep for Lion Nathan had a few tasty drops for me to try. Of those that we sampled the "Johnnie Gold" was by far leader for whiskey of the day. Thanks Magoo!

I didn't have a chance to take proper tasting notes for the session but it is definitely one that I will revisit when I add one to my collection.

Until then I'll leave you with this little write up.

Few whiskies offer as indulgent an experience as Johnnie Walker Gold Label. Exceptionally smooth, creamy and delicate, Gold Label is the ultimate whisky pleasure. A skillful fusion of rare aged whiskies inspired by the notes originally kept by Sir Alexander Walker and crafted from only a small number of Scotland's most renouned distilleries, each matured for a minimum of 18 years.